How To add Google Friend Connect to Your Google Blog


Rumors swirled last year about Google discontinuing this feature yet I still have mine. I have been curious because I find it the easiest way to connect with other blogs. I like to click on the blogs that supported me by following my blog and I find it a great way to discover new blogs on my friend's sites. I think it may have been discontinued for non Google platforms. I have a new blog friend who did not know about this feature so I went digging. Google wants us to use Google+ so adding that to your site was easy to find and my friend added that. Sorry darling - not quite the same thing. Google+ is fun however if I just want to see your blog posts they may get lost amidst everything else you may share. The Google Friend Connect feature was a little hard to find but it is still easy to add - and they simplified the title to Followers on the Gadget List.
  First thing you do is go to your blog and click Layout




Click on Add a Gadget




Next click on More Gadgets

                                                                                                                       

 

Scroll to the bottom and Voila' - Click Followers


A reader is great for the most current posts however it is not great as a reference point to return to a post you want to revisit or if you want to go to a specific blog.  It is pretty easy when you find where to look. I just posted this because I wanted to help my new friend and anyone else that needed this information. All opinions are my own and this post is not sponsored.

Comments

  1. Oh my goodness, thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing this! I have been wondering about it for such a long time, but had no idea that I could still add it to my blog! I had it on my old one and thought that I just couldn't add it to my new one! YAY! Thanks again for creating this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer Corter - you are welcome. I do not understand why they made this kind of a quest to find ! Glad I persevered and could help:D

      Delete
  2. Sure thing Jessica Kingsley ~ Thanks for visiting! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please Comment here
Comente aquí

Popular posts from this blog

Old Factory Candles ~ Candle Experience and Tutorial

Crayola Mouse - Compact Size for *KIDS* and ME

Noxicare Natural Pain Relief Cream GIVEAWAY